Formed from a merger of the British tailoring industry’s two oldest and most revered charities – the Master Tailors’ Benevolent Association (est. 1887) and the Tailors’ Benevolent Institute (est. 1861) – the association serves to aid and award grants where necessary to anyone who has worked in British tailoring, at any level, for a period of ten years or more. Its annual grants currently support over 60 beneficiaries.
The association has in the region of 400 members, including tailors, woollen merchants and those from associated trades and suppliers.
The Company supports the BTBA each year via the Livery & Freemen Fund.