The Henry Colborn Trust is a small foundation entrusted to the Company in the 17-Century
Due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on its investment income, until further notice this charity is unable to accept applications for funding
The Henry Colborn Trust funds education, sporting or recreational activities that benefit children living full-time in Ashwell, Hertfordshire.
The Henry Colborn Trust’s charitable purposes allow it to:
- Provide special benefits which are not usually provided by the Local Education Authority, for Ashwell Primary School
- Promote the education, including social and physical training, of children resident in the parish of Ashwell.
The Trust does not normally provide funding for private tutoring of children to supplement the teaching they receive at school. However, the Trust will consider applications which go directly to meeting an educational need of a child with learning support requirements.
Please request a URN below if required.
If you are applying on behalf of a registered charity, you will not need to obtain a Unique Reference Number (URN) from us.
If you are applying either on behalf of a group or organisation which is not a registered charity, or on behalf of an individual, you will need a Unique Reference Number before you can start completing the form.
To obtain a URN, please email a request here. Please ensure your email has the following:
- the subject bar should read: Henry Colborn Trust, request for URN
- in the email itself, please state in full the name of the individual or organisation on whose behalf the application is being made
- if it is a group or organisation, please include a link to the group or organisation’s website (if any).
Applications can be made at any time but will only be considered twice a year according to the following timetable.
- Applications made by 30 April will be considered at the Trustees’ meeting in June, with the decision notified on 30 June.
- Applications made after 30 April will be considered at the Trustees’ meeting in November, with the decision notified on 30 November.