The Henry Colborn Trust is a small foundation entrusted to the Company in the 17-Century
The Henry Colborn Trust funds education, sporting or recreational activities that benefit children living full-time in Ashwell, Hertfordshire.
The Henry Colborn Trust’s charitable purposes allow it to:
- Provide special benefits which are not usually provided by the local education authority, for Ashwell Primary School
- Promote the education, including social and physical training, of children resident in the parish of Ashwell.
The Trust does not normally provide funding for private tutoring of children to supplement the teaching they receive at school. However, the Trust will consider applications which go directly to meeting an educational need of a child with learning support requirements.
We can only consider applications made through our online application form. To apply, please read the following information and complete the tick boxes below the expanding text.
If you are applying on behalf of a registered charity, you will not need to obtain a Unique Reference Number (URN) from us (see below).
If you are applying either on behalf of a group or organisation which is not a registered charity, or on behalf of an individual, you will need a Unique Reference Number before you can start completing the form.
To obtain a URN, please email a request here. Please ensure your email has the following:
- The subject bar should read: Henry Colborn Trust, request for URN
- In the email itself, please state in full the name of the individual or organisation on whose behalf the application is being made
- If it is a group or organisation, please include a link to the group or organisation’s website (if any).
- For applications submitted in January-May, you will be notified by 30 June
- For applications submitted in June-September, you will be notified by 30 November
- For applications submitted between November and December, you will be notified by the end of February
The Henry Colborn Trust is a working name of Henry Colborn (or Colbron), a charity registered in England and Wales (no. 310961)
Before the pandemic, the Henry Colborn Trust trustees considered proposals for the future use of the Rolly's Lane netball courts. Please see here the outcome of those proposals.
The trustees will resume considering the future use of the courts during 2021 and 2022. Until further notice, the condition and security of the courts remain the legal responsibility of Hertfordshire County Council, under a lease from the trust.