The Henry Colborn Trust is the working name of “Henry Colborn (or Colbron)” (registered charity no. 310961).
The Henry Colborn Trust’s charitable purposes allow it to do the following:
- Category 1 – Provide special benefits, of a kind not normally provided by the Local Education Authority, for Ashwell Primary School, and
- Category 2 – Otherwise promote the education, including social and physical training, of children resident in the parish of Ashwell.
The Trust does not provide funding for private tutoring of children to supplement the teaching they receive at school – for example, in maths, or to help them prepare for examinations. However, and without any guarantee of funding, the Trust will consider applications which go directly to meeting an educational need of a child who is on their school’s Special Educational Needs register and where that need relates directly to the reason(s) why the child is on the register.
Applying for funds: how to apply
Applications by post or e-mail are not accepted, and will not be considered.
To apply for funds from The Henry Colborn Trust, please use the online application form (see further below).
Applying for funds: when to apply
Applications can be made at any time but will only be considered twice a year according to the following timetable.
- Applications made by 30 April will be considered at the Trustees’ meeting in June, with the decision notified on 30 June.
- Applications made after 30 April will be considered at the Trustees’ meeting in November, with the decision notified on 30 November.
Please note that the online application form is closed for maintenance from 28 November 2017 to 31 December 2017, so you will not be able to apply during that period.
Applying for funds as an individual, or on behalf of an individual
The online application form is structured for applications by registered charities. If you are applying to the Trust as an individual, or on behalf of an individual:
- Please put the individual’s name in the field for a registered charity name
- Please put the individual’s address in the field for a registered charity address
- Otherwise, please leave blank those parts of the form which by definition can only be answered by a registered charity (for example, the registered charity number).
Where to find the online application form
To apply for funds from The Henry Colborn Trust, please use the Merchant Taylors’ Charity Management online funding application form.